Carl's Gear Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combinator II and Octa-switch question

3 posters

Go down

Combinator II and Octa-switch question Empty Combinator II and Octa-switch question

Post  cowbellfever Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi do either of these pedal switcher’s have an amplifier A/B output capabilities for changing between 2 amps?

I have a Fender twin reverb for my cleans and Marshall JMP for my dirty sounds, and I’d like to hit a switch and have that patch programmed to go to either amp.

Let me know if this is possible.
Thanks

cowbellfever

Back to top Go down

Combinator II and Octa-switch question Empty Re: Combinator II and Octa-switch question

Post  Admin Carl Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi
None of those have an A/B feature.
Regards Niels

Admin Carl
Admin

https://carlmartin.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Combinator II and Octa-switch question Empty Re: Combinator II and Octa-switch question

Post  conleycd Wed May 20, 2009 8:03 pm

I'm not sure why Carl Martin is shooting it's self in the foot on this one - yes you can use the OctaSwitch to A/B between two different amplifiers.

Connect your "A" amplifier to "Output" connect your "B" amplifier to "Loop 8" send. Program your patches so Amplifier "A" is active when switch 8 is off and program your other patches to use Amplifier "B" by switching loop 8 on.

I run my setup this way.

You can't A/B on the fly between the two amps unless you add an A/B switch after the output of the Octaswitch. You will probably want to run through an isolating transformer as well on either the output or on loop 8 to avoid ground loop problems.

CC

conleycd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down