Carl's Gear Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra stereo loops on Combinator 2

2 posters

Go down

Extra stereo loops on Combinator 2 Empty Extra stereo loops on Combinator 2

Post  drkam6 Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:03 pm

It is great that the Combinator 2 has the two stereo effect loops (#8 full stereo, #7 mono in/stereo out).
However, for my application I would like to have also loops # 4, 5 and 6 converted to stereo too. Is this possible to mod?
I sent you an email regarding this question - haven't got a reply yet.
I appreciate your input, hopefully this is possible.
Best regards

drkam6

Back to top Go down

Extra stereo loops on Combinator 2 Empty Re: Extra stereo loops on Combinator 2

Post  Admin Carl Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi...did you send it to info@carlmartin.com??
As you really need to talk to Thomas about this:)
He would know, if it is in anyway possible to do.
Niels

Admin Carl
Admin

https://carlmartin.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  drkam6 Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 am

Hi Niels,
Yes, got a response from Søren, it would be really impossible to do the mod, it would require a huge rebuilt.
I'm taking an alternative way, but without enough stereo loops won't be able to run my TC SCF chorus in stereo... Crying or Very sad

If I could offer some suggestions, whenever (if ever) you release a Combinator 3:
1. Please add at least 3 more stereo loops (at least two true stereo send/returns).
2. Place an option for true bypass via a switch.
3. Move the Mute button to the extreme right, and move the Bank button where the Mute button was.

The Combinator is quite unique. Carl Martin could beat up the existing controllers in the market by adding the above. It would make it complete! Don't take away what it already offers!

The old Rocktron Patch Mate had the option of having its 9 loops in stereo or mono if so desired (I know, I still have one, sadly I can't use it anymore because it's a rack unit). There aren't non-midi footcontroller in the market right now which have enough stereo loops (i.e., the GigRig only has 1 for the 8 loops model, and 2 for the 14 loops model). There are so many stereo pedals and modules available these days that the multiloop stereo option should be a default for any footcontroller. Even if it increases a bit the price... I would buy a Combinator 3 right away if the above options are added!
Cheers from Canada

drkam6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Carl Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:02 pm

If we ever....and a big if....takes a long time to develop these things, then the C3 will be quite different from the switchers we have now.

Stereo is a misleading word for most pedals that claims to have it, the norm is an inverted channel extra, not stereo in the real sense, just the same signal split into a normal with effect and dry, plus an inverted with normally dry out, or effect only.
It is mostly still only 19" rackstuff that uses true stereo in and out.

We always take in suggestions, and see if we can improve later on, so thanks for the suggestions, but as you said about the costs, they will increase, and we always have to balance what we can sell and what features we can get, without getting a sitting duck, it is a balance act for sure study

Maybe a dedicated customshop might be a sollution for this kind of stuff?!
Let us know if that has any intrest, and we will see if it can be done in an realistic way.
Regards Niels

Admin Carl
Admin

https://carlmartin.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  drkam6 Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 am

I would wholeheartedly support a CM Custom Shop. I'm more than interested. The Custom Shop may be pricey, but CM pedals are of excellent quality that they are worth the investment. Especially with something like the C2.

I agree, putting out a new C3 is all depending on your decision guys, and also the features necessary to make it a sale success.. But you are on the right track. If the C3 is a go, please don't take out any of the C2's current features.. i.e., the power supply capability is extremely useful and a blessing too.

About the stereo pedals, it's true that in some cases it's an inverted signal; but the sonic properties of some true units are unique. Even the old Boss CE-1 - I thought it was mono and was wrong - it's stereo. I have at home a Fender Princeton Chorus, tiny amp with a true stereo chorus and the image projection is excellent. My intention was to replicate it in larger scale and controlling it separately from the C2, (a "pedal version" of what a friend did - running his guitar through a Fender Dual Professional as preamp and out to two Leslie 110 power amps. The ultimate analog stereo chorus). I play ambient soundscapes with vintage guitar synths (Roland's GR-500 and GR-300) so for me having the more stereo image from the capable pedals the better. The C2 now controls a battery of pedals which some of them are more like synth modules than the common guitar fuzz. I believe that I would be a perfect candidate to become a Custom Shop customer.

Cheers from Canada!

drkam6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down